Buying a home is one of the biggest financial decisions you will make. When you take out a mortgage, your lender agrees to lend you a sum of money to buy a home and you agree to pay it back. You also promise your home as security for the loan. This means that if you fail to pay, the lender could take legal action and repossess the property.
There is significant variation in lending practices between the mortgage lenders in Ireland. These differences range from varying loan to value (LTV) ratios to wide variations in the absolute amount a lender will advance because of the use of a range of different formulae in calculating how much you can borrow.
Identical Mortgage Applications will yield quite different lending decisions from lending institutions in the marketplace. The differences invariably relate to amount, rate or term. This inconsistency demonstrates the strongest reason why one should use the services of an independent mortgage broker.
How Rockcourt can help
As Independent Mortgage Brokers we understand that everyone’s mortgage needs are different and buying a property can be a daunting experience. We have experience of arranging mortgages, so whether you are buying your first home, purchasing an investment property, making that next step on the property ladder or simply changing your mortgage for a better deal, we are here to help.
- You save time and money by letting us research the market for a product to match your needs. By being familiar with the mortgage market and by having access to numerous lenders means that we can provide you with a mortgage facility that meets your long term requirements.
- We regularly update mortgage rates from all the Irish mortgage lenders we have access to and constantly monitor the Irish mortgage market to ensure you have access to accurate and timely information.
- Most importantly we represent you (not the lending institutions) and we recommend the Mortgage that is most suitable for you given your personal set of circumstances as well as knowing who to approach and who not to approach.
- In the vast majority of cases we will not charge you a fee (the lender pays us a fee), and we will get the same, or in some instances, a better rate than you would get had you personally gone directly to the lender.
- Rockcourt will approach several lenders on your behalf when you complete our Mortgage Questionnaire.
The information on the Questionnaire will only give us a guide as to which lender is best suited to your needs. We will be in a position to give you a verbal indication of lenders interest in your business within 24 working hours on receipt of this On-line Mortgage Questionnaire.
Please click on this calculator to show you approximately how much mortgage repayments are per month.